Lead Software Enginer - Full-Stack
Kindur is on a mission to reimagine financial wellness in retirement. Over 3 million Americans retire every year and can expect to live 9 years longer than their parents on average. Our customers face replacing their income, making savings last, electing social security and planning for healthcare needs. We’re here to make that process simple and delightful so our customers can retire fearlessly.
We have a growing and talented team (coming from JP Morgan, Earnest, Capital One and GrubHub/Seamless), we’re backed by leading financial and insurance technology investors, and we’re launching our product for consumers in 2018.
You’ll be responsible for building our most critical systems and because we work in a regulated environment they need to be reliable, repeatable and auditable. You’ll have autonomy within a highly collaborative team and as part of our team you will:
- Own the development of core financial systems and customer workflows.
- Have lots of variety - running experiments with our UX lead, designing backend systems, contributing to our product roadmap are all in a typical day.
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to build features that delight our customers.
- Make architectural decisions that support security, availability and scalability.
- Ensure the reliability of production systems.
- Help grow a talented engineering team.
- Play a meaningful role in crafting our engineering culture.
We’re looking for someone who loves to solve worthwhile problems, values simplicity and has an ownership mindset. You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years experience building web applications.
- Experience with Rails and React or a willingness to learn.
- The ability to make good design and architectural tradeoff decisions.
- Strong testing practices and principles.
- An appreciation for agility and pragmatism.
- Experience with continuous delivery and owning systems in production.
- Strong communication skills.
At Kindur, you’ll be part of a high-energy, friendly, inquisitive, and passionate team. We also offer competitive compensation including stock options, health benefits, flexible schedules, and a convenient office located in NoMad (NYC).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis